Sunday, February 24, 2013

Praising & Thanking the Lord for His Mighty Hand this Week



“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.”  - 1 Peter 4:12-13



“Prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”  -Malachi 3:10b

I cannot even begin to express the joy, peace, and blessing I feel while writing this.  The Lord is mightily at work in our family.  He is so good, so gracious, so loving, so powerful!  There have been many trials in our lives of late that the Lord has used to grow our faith.  Right now we are seeking His direction in some specific ways.  This week He has shown Himself mighty on our behalf, and this I must share with you all.

The Lord has been teaching me so much about faith lately.  Seeing, submitting to, and rejoicing in His perfect will; unconditional love; and being more Spirit led in prayer.  On this journey of faith, I came to somewhat of a standstill, afraid to really trust God and ask for what seems to be the impossible.  The Lord is so good to teach us each lesson He has for us to learn, and He has certainly grown my faith this week.

In order to walk down the path in which we feel the Lord is directing our family, we are needing to sell several things.  We are all earnestly praying over these things as family.  I decided to take a leap of faith and ask specifically for the Lord to sell one thing last week.  That seems small, I know, but for me it was big.  The Lord is so gracious!  He grew my doubtful faith so that I could ask expecting His answer.  On Saturday afternoon a man came and bought a piece of equipment.  I was so overwhelmed by the Lord’s hand!  He is so powerful!  He answered my prayer!  As I went and was thanking the Lord for working, I began asking Him to sell something else this week as well.  When we got home from church this afternoon, there was a message on our answering machine; someone wanting to ask some questions about another piece of equipment we have for sale.  The Lord is at work, and I am so grateful for Him revealing His mighty hand!  His tender love to even the weakest of His children is amazing.

I hope this is a blessing to each of you who read it.  The Lord is faithful!  We can ask in faith and trust that He will work.  So have faith, and believe that He is at work in your life, for the glory and honor of His great name.  We must each ask Him to work in our lives and lead, direct, and grow in the way He has for us, so that His name will be magnified.  That truly is our purpose on this earth.  May He be with each of you, drawing you closer to Himself and using you for His glory and honor!
Praise Him!  May He bless each of you!
Posted by Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment