Thursday, February 14, 2013

God's Plan for the Nations



I can not tell you how blessed I feel to be married to Seth!  I could share so many wonderful things that I admire about my husband.  He of course would tell me as he has MANY times how unworthy he would be of my praise but I assure you that is NOT how I nor the children see it.  I so appreciate my husbands leadership of our family.  This year he has taken over guiding Tayte's education.  Oh I can not tell you how wonderful that has been for all of us!  Boys need their dads!!!!  Seth has thoroughly been inspired by the task as well.  This year they have worked through a book by Stephen McDowell called God's Providential History.  Seth took the time to compile the high lights of their learning this year for ease of reference.  We hope that it will serve to bring you hope and Biblical guidance in these most turbulent days that we find our selves in and facing.  We are not defeated foes!  God's Word has the answers that we need.  We must be willing to search them out as for hidden treasure!    
Seth doing catechism with the little ones.  He prays, sings hymns, works on Bible memory and teaches them through the shorter catechism each morning. 

God’s Plan for the Nations

The Need For World Reformation (Romans 8:19,21)
God created man responsible to rule over His created earth (Genesis 1:28)
God has commissioned His followers to make disciples of the nations (Matthew 28:19)
Christians are to judge and govern the world (1 Corinthians 6:2)
The Lord taught us to pray “on earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:9,10)


Origins of Liberty

God ordained Civil government to punish the evil doers and protect the innocent (1 Peter 2:13-14); (Romans 13:1,3,4)
God formed a republic with Biblical Civil Laws (Exodus 20)


Guidelines for Resistance to Tyranny

Protest and legal action (Mt. 27:14; Luke 13:31-32; Luke 10:11; Acts 13:51; Acts 16:37; Acts 24-26)
A time for flight (Mt. 10:23; Mt. 24:15-18; Acts 8:1-4)
A time for force in self-defence (Old Test Israel everywhere; Luke 22:36,38; Luke 22:49; Mt. 26:52;


Restoration of Biblical Church Government

A covenant commitment (Col 2:19; 3:14)
A plurality of elders (Acts 14:23; Tit. 1:5; 1 Tim. 3:1-5; Prov. 11:14)
Senior elders (Acts 12:17; 15:13,19; 21:18: Gal. 2:12)


Education

Colossians 2:8
Disciple the nations (Mt. 28:19-20)
Pastors and teachers to educate in Christian principles


God’s Defense of Christian Liberty

American Revolution
Many examples with Israel



Building a Christian Nation

God holds Christians responsible (2 Chronicles 7:14)
Christians must rebuild the foundations (Psalm 11:3; Rom. 10:14; 1 Tim. 3:15)
Christians must teach:
1)      Creation - God made the world
2)      Lordship - God is Lord of heaven and earth
3)      Providence – God Himself gives to all life and breath and all things… for in him we live and move and exist
4)      Sovereignty – God made… every nation… having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation
Acts17:24-28
Jesus Christ is the ruler of the earth (1 Tim. 6:16; Heb. 2:14)
Satan is a defeated foe (John 12:3; Col. 2:15)
Christians must provide and teach society to provide for the poor throught the tithe (Deut. 14:27-29)
As Christians commit themselves once again to being the salt of the earth, corruption shall subside, the righteous will be in authority, and the people will rejoice (Prov 29:2; 14:34)


Principles of Liberty

1) The Principle of Power and Form (the power which is internal precedes the form, which is external)
2) God’s principle of individuality
3) The Christian principle of self-government (1 Tim. 3:5)
4) The principle of Christian character (Rom. 8:29)
5) The principle of Christian union (the Church)
6) The principle of Christian education (we reap what we sew; Mark 4)
7) The principle of Christian economics, or of property (stewardship)


A Checklist For Reforming America

Personal and Family

( ) I will acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus in my life
( ) I will remember God and His Providential hand in history
( ) I purpose to implant the Principles of Liberty in my heart
( ) I purpose to be self-governed in the use of the property God has given me by tithing to my local church and supporting ministries and those in need as God directs.
( ) I will take responsibility in education my children in the Biblical principles of liberty, effectively communicating the vision to them.

Church

( ) I will continually receive instruction from my pastor on applying God’s Word to every aspect of life.
( ) I will support my church in fulfilling Christ’s command to make disciples of all the nations.

Education

( ) Since the education of my children is my responsibility, I will carefully choose who I delegate that responsibility to, and to what schools my children go.
( ) I will become aware of who is on the school board in my community and will work to replace those who do no act in accordance with Godly principles.
( ) I will work to educate my neighbor in Biblical principles.
( ) I will work to see that our public schools and universities begin operating on the Biblical base which was their foundation.
( ) I will work to establish a media with a biblical worldview

Civil Government

( ) I will take responsibility for choosing and instructing those who stand in my place in every area of civil government
( ) I will register to vote
( ) I will participate regularly in a political party on the local level
( ) I will keep informed on political issues affecting myself, my community, my state, and my nation 

No comments:

Post a Comment