Monday, February 11, 2013

Are You Willing . . .

I so wish I was able to share the sermon that our pastor preached yesterday on here.  He has been preaching through the book of Romans as of the first of the year.  If you are interested in hearing it send me an email and I will email it to you, as I am able to do that. :-)

One of the main points that thus far Pastor Lederman has really brought out to us is . . .
Who is your master?

One of the key verses that he brought out in the message, although not from Romans, was . . .

And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.
(2Co 12:15)

This morning I awoke to a yet another grey dreary Ohio winter day.  I went to bed last night irritated by how demanding my littles are.  I sat here this morning and was thinking and praying about these things and the Lord brought to my mind this . . .
I am selfish! 
That was exactly the problem.  I was being selfish.  I needed to gird up the loins of my mind.  I have so much to be thankful for!  So I started counting my blessings.  I was quickly reminded of yesterday's sermon and 2 Corinthians 12:15 came again to my mind.  Am I willing to spend and be spent for those that God has placed in my life to minister to?  Am I willing to love the body of Christ and look for needs that need to be met?  I was challenged!  Thus I must tell you, my whole attituded changed and as I walk away from being with the Lord this morning I am asking the Lord to spend me today.  For this truly is what it is all about!  

So  . . . are you willing to spend and be spent?  

  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
(Php 4:13)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment