Saturday, August 4, 2012

Prayer Time Insights and Thoughts


Recently the Lord brought about my path an audio book that I have been able to listen to a few chapters each day as I am getting ready for the day.  Yesterday I was particularly impressed with something that he shared about prayer time.  It was very thought provoking to me and encouraging.  I thought it might be an encouragement to some of you as well. 

These are my notes from a section of chapter 3 in The Disciplined Life of the Christian by Eric Liddel. 

Choose a fixed period of time each day and guard it!

He called this time a prayer time.  I have always separated mine, in my mind, as praying and reading, but he combined it and I understand why now. 

1.  Be silent
  • Let your mind roam over your life and see if there is anything that the Lord brings to your mind that you need to correct; then do so.
  • See 1 John 3:21
2.  Bath your thoughts in the Word of God

3.  Take pen and paper and write down what come to you as you read and pray.

  • Do not be in a hurry!
4.  The outcome of your prayer time should be action.
  • He encouraged writing down what you have been called to action in and perhaps your resolution to bring it to being.  

No comments:

Post a Comment