Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Let's Praise God Together in August


Day 1

My heart rejoices in You, Lord, for Your are my strong shelter in
times of trouble and danger and stress, my hiding place to whom I may
continually resort. . . my Father who lovingly provides for me . . .
my Shepherd who guides and protects me. . . my Champion who upholds my
cause as His child and defends my highest interests. . . my Bridegroom
who delights in me. . . my God who is mighty to save, who rests in His
love for me and rejoices over me with singing, with shouts of joy.
You are my inheritance, my share in life, the One who satisfies my
longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness.

I praise You for Your love and Your wisdom.  You are too wise to ever
make a mistake, too loving to ever do anything unkind.  You act on my
behalf, accomplishing what concerns me and fulfilling Your purpose for
me as I call on You.  Thank You that You love me deeply and tenderly.
You are compassionate and gracious, full of lovingkindness, ready to
forgive, patiently considerate, and generous beyond imagining.  You
desire my love and rejoice to do good things for me.  You delight to
give me the desires of my heart as I delight myself in You.  How
precious is Your love to me, O God!   I sing for joy as I take refuge
in the shadow of Your wings!

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow
of the Almighty.  I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!"  Psalm 91:1-2

Throughout the month of August, we thought it might be encouraging to share from a book that has been such a blessing to us.  So each day we will be sharing from Ruth Myers book called 31 Days of Praise.  There is more to the book than what we are sharing and she gives all of the scripture references in her book as well.  Mrs. Myer has simple taken God's Word and put it into a prayer to pray back to Him.  What an awesome idea!  We hope this month will be an inspiring month and an encouraging month for you.  Most of all our greatest hope is that God will be receive more of the praise that He truly desires and deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment