Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 3 of Praise


Day 3

I praise You that the Lord Jesus lived His life sinlessly, in total accord with reality, with no falseness, no self-deception, no dark secrets, nothing to regret, nothing to be ashamed of . . . that He proclaimed the truth, the one utterly reliable foundation for our thinking and living.  Thank You that He delighted to do Your will . . . that He withdrew for time alone in Your presence . . . that He was attentive to Your voice and sensitive to Your working . . . that He lived in complete dependence on You, so that You in Him spoke those gracious and life  -giving words and performed those mighty works. 

Thank You that He demonstrated how I am to live and serve, completely depending on Him as my indwelling Lord, focusing on His life as He walked on earth, and beholding His glory, “the glory of the one and only” who came from You, full of grace and truth.  What a delight to know that as I focus on Him, You transform me into His image by Your Spirit within me.  You work in me that which is pleasing in Your eyes.  You strengthen my heart in every good work and every good word, so that more and more I honor Christ by the way I live.

But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.  2 Corinthians 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment