Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 22 of Praise


Thank You for Your ultimate good purposes in allowing the weaknesses or failures of the person for whom I praised You in Day Twenty-One (indifference? Lack of understanding? Harshness? Explosiveness? Undue need to control? Excessive dependence? Excessive independence? Failure to lead, failure to follow, failure to love? Lacks or failures or even grievous sins?).

I especially want to thank You for what You plan to do through the following this that disappoint me, upset me, make me anxious, or break my heart:



Thank you so much that these things do not make up the whole picture – that this loved one is also wonderfully made, and has a bright side as well as a dull side.  And I rejoice that You are loving and powerful, well able to change this person if and when and as You choose.  Thank You that in the meantime You are working to change me through these imperfections that frustrate or grieve me . . . that my reactions to them throw light on ways I need to grow – to trust You more – and to meet my loved one’s needs more fully, as I let the Holy Spirit fill be with Your love and patience and peace. 

I rejoice that You are able to empower me in difficult times and to give me wisdom in my responses.  You are all-sufficient, more than enough to meet even the deepest needs of my heart, whatever today or the future may bring. 

To sum up, let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil, or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead . . .
1 Peter 3:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment