Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 13 of Praise


Day 13

I magnify You with thanksgiving, my Father, for I belong to You forever.  You chose me in Christ before the creation of the world.  You drew me to Yourself.  You accepted me in Your beloved Son, welcoming me into the everlasting love You have for Him…and now as Your child You take me in Your arms and tell me that You love me.

Near, so very near to You
Nearer I could not be,
For in the Person of Your Son
I’m just as near as He!

Dear, so very dear to You,
I could not dearer be:
The love wherewith You loved Your Son,
Such is Your love for me!
(source unknown)

Thank You that I have a place in you and Your Kingdom that is eternal…that nothing can separate me from Your limitless, intensely personal love—the one love that is not the least bit based on how much I deserve it, the one love that can never lessen or fail.  Thank You that You will never be disillusioned with me, for You already know all about me:  past, present and future.

How great is Your love toward me, Father, that I should be called Your child; and such I am.  How amazing that I am precious in Your eyes, and that You love me!

See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. …  1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment