Monday, May 30, 2011

Recipe of the Month

You know the old saying . . .
The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Well, I do not know if I fully agree with this statement but I will share this; over twenty years ago I made my sweet man a heart shaped brownie and to this day it is his favorite stand-by dessert.  Not to mention the best part, that he married me! :-)

Of course now we add vanilla ice cream on the side if we are really celebrating but I've never seen anything please him more then being served a nice fudgy, center of the pan, brownie. 


Interestingly, both of our boys delight in them too!

Here was my delimma . . . the only way that I could get those gooey fudgy type brownies that our guys just love is by making them from a box mix.  (By the way, in our family's opinion Hershey makes the best mix out there.) 

Well all that changed this month. After trying several new recipes, my husband says this one tops the box mix.  Wow!!  I do not like to share unhealthy recipes normally but I just had to share this one.   Being of such importance you know!

Hope your sweet man enjoys it too!  I am sure you will not disappoint him if you at least give it a try. :-)

Homemade Fudgy Brownies
1 cup cocoa
4 Tbsp. canola oil
3/4 C butter
2 C sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 C flour


Melt butter in a pan then add cocoa and oil. 

Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour; stir until well blended. Spread into greased 13x9 inch pan.

Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool in pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment