Thursday, May 5, 2011

My God Answers Prayer

Ask...That Your Joy May Be Full




Good evening to all!  I was so blessed this evening by an answered prayer, that I thought I would share about it with all of you.

You know those times when you ask the Lord for something; something that seems so small and insignificant?  And then, He answers that prayer, and you are so blessed you feel like crying?  Well, I was blessed in such a way tonight.

This evening I began hanging up a few clothes on our hanging clothes rack that could not be hung out on the line.  (We found years ago that hanging certain things inside keeps them from fading as quickly.)  As I began hanging up these clothes, I realized that I was shy on hangers to complete the job.  Our family tends to not have too many extra hangers floating around in our closets, and I knew tonight would be no exception.  So, as I went upstairs to try to gather enough hangers to complete the job, I just prayed and asked the Lord if He would provide the hangers I needed to finish my task.  Needless to say, I came back downstairs with exactly enough hangers for the job.  And, on top of that, there was one specifically for a small skirt that I hadn't even realized that I needed!  I was so blessed!

I am constantly amazed at how the Lord will answer the smallest prayers about the most seemingly insignificant things.  Truly, we serve an awesome God, who delights to bless His people. 

This instance also made me think about a verse that we put to memory last week on prayer.

"Until now, you have asked nothing in my name.  Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." - John 16:24

If we will just seek the Lord, giving Him our first attention in every situation, He is delighted to bless us, and to answer our prayers.  No matter how little it may seem.  I hope this blesses you as much as it did me.

~ Britt-Ann ~

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this answered prayer request! I have had many such small, delightful answers to a "quick" prayer and it always reinforces the truth that He is concerned with the affairs of His people - no matter how "trivial" they seem to us- and He is willing to work in our lives if we commit our way to Him!
    God bless you :-)
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your blog....what sweet children you all have...love them to pieces. they give such wonderful hugs and when Rose Bud holds out her arms and oh well I could go on forever...guess that is why I am called grams...ty for sharing..love to you all

    ReplyDelete