Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Encouragement in the Journey

Encouraged by something that Brother Bob Jenning's said in the message that we posted a few days ago, I thought I would share something that the Lord has been teaching me. Brother Bob encouraged us to always have a notepad and pen with us to write down the things that the Lord is teaching us.

Recently, our family has taken a huge step of faith in an area.

There has been a peace that has passed all human understanding throughout all of its coming to be.

Well, that is until just a few days before it came to fruitation.

Several days I spent doubting and questioning. I knew I was being tested!

I heard my husband pray for me and that night I cannot explain it but a peace came back over me and the Lord directed me to this:


And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" and they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid." And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water." He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."
Matthew 14:25-33

I began to see clearly; I was looking at the wind. I needed to get my eyes back on Jesus and trust in what He had called us to. Trust in His promises that He has said in His Word. Trust in all the verses He has put in our path to encourage us to come.

I, like Peter, had little faith and did begin to doubt.

Lord, forgive thou my unbelief and increase my faith!

I hope that you too will be encouraged by what the Lord is teaching me and might be encouraged as well, that if you are a child of the King of Kings, to not look to whatever waves are going about in your life but to just keep your eyes on Jesus and have faith. If you are not a child of the Most High, I encourage you to Click Here and listen to Paul Washer as he shares about One that you can look too and have faith in.


Be strong and of good faith.
Be content, rejoice and believe!
Meditate on the Word of God and let it not depart from our hearts or mouths.
Obey even when it is hard!

Blessings and love to you all.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment