Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What are you doing today?

Scott Brown shared this on his blog on Aug. 3,2013.  https://ncfic.org/blog/posts/do-you-have-mountain-moving-faith
Do You Have Mountain - Moving Faith?
Here is a story Paul Washer told at one of our conferences:
"One time, when I was a young man, I came back from Peru. I was asked to speak at a church, and they set up microphones in the aisle ways and people came to ask questions of the missionary.
I’ll never forget this little red-headed boy. He was as red-headed as he could be, and freckles all over his face. He walks up to the microphone. He’s standing on his tiptoes. They had to lower it.
He started: “Mr. Washer?”
I said, “Yep.”
He said, “When you win everybody to Jesus in Peru, then what are you going to do?”
Everybody laughed except him and me. I said, “Well, when I win everybody to Christ in Peru, I guess I have to go find another place to work.”
He said, “Yeah, that’s what I thought too.”
Why not? I don’t see anything in the Bible that tells me it can’t happen. Young person, you listen to me. You let only one person limit you – God.
We have raised up men, who, oftentimes in the name of the providence of God, are narrow-minded, little men with tight spirits and tiny hearts. We need men of breath. We need men of heart. We need men and women who will believe their God for great things.
Sometimes, when I’m on my knees and I cry out, “Oh God, what do you want to do now?” It seems in my heart that over and over I hear a singular answer: “What can you believe me for? What do you want to do? Do you think you’ve outrun my ability to deliver? Do you think you’ve reached my greatness, you little man? Stand up, walk outside, count the stars if you can. I know them by name! What do I want to do? What can you believe me for?”
God loves the boldness of a man who reveres Him, and trembles at His name, and yet will fight Him for the sake of Jerusalem – that will grab a hold of the horns of the altar. He loves that man who will say, “I will not let you go until you bless me! You will find no rest from me, until you have made Jerusalem a praise, and the Church, a beauty."

No comments:

Post a Comment