Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Patience Makes Perfect

"Possess your souls with patience.
Never complain.  Never murmur.
Never feel sorry for yourself."
- Brother Chris Pappas -

We were very blessed this past Lord's Day to make one of our semi-frequent visits to a church body we have come to love and appreciate very much.  Pastor Pappas's messages were such a blessing to our family that day, (as they always are!) and the fellowship was sweet and encouraging.  Towards the end of his message for second service he stated the above quote.  It really spoke to me as I feel the Lord has been teaching me much about patience (and many other things) over the past couple of years.  The Lord brought this message just when I needed it and I wrote it down in my journal so I wouldn't forget.  It brings to mind the following passages:
"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also:
knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And hope maketh not ashamed;
because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts
by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."
~  Romans 5:3-5 ~

"But let patience have her perfect work,
that ye may be perfect and entire,
wanting nothing."
~ James 1:4 ~
Patience is such an important lesson to learn.  We must have hope and be patient.  The Lord is doing His perfect work.  We must just simply, quietly trust and wait on Him.  I hope this is a blessing to some of you as well.  May the Lord bless and guide the rest of your week.
~Brittany
After I had finished writing this, I was trying to decide what to title the post when the thought struck me - patience makes perfect (from the above verse).  We've all heard the saying "Practice makes perfect", but what a neat spiritual thought that "patience makes perfect!"  Wow!  The Lord is so good!  His Word is always fresh and bringing new encouragement! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment