Friday, July 25, 2014

This day I may be exposed to great peril,
let me have the serpent’s wisdom to keep out of it and avoid it.
The wings of a dove may be of more use to me to-day
than the jaws of a lion.
It is true I may be an apparent loser by declining evil company,
but I had better leave my cloak than lose my character;
it is not needful that I should be rich,
but it is imperative upon me to be pure.
No ties of friendship, no chains of beauty,
no flashings of talent, no shafts of ridicule
must turn me from the wise resolve to flee from sin.
The devil I am to resist and he will flee from me,
but the lusts of the flesh, I must flee, or they will surely overcome me.
O God of holiness preserve thy Josephs,
that Madam Bubble bewitch them not with her vile suggestions.
May the horrible trinity of the world, the flesh, and the devil,
never overcome us!
- Charles Spurgeon -
-taken from Charles Spurgeon's Morning Meditation for July 25th
~Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment