Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Encouraging Verses

As I read my Bible in the mornings, sometimes I will take passages from several different chapters and put them all together to make one continuous thought.  Yesterday morning as I was reading is Isaiah, that's what happened. :-)  I hope that this may be a blessing and encouragement to some of you, as it was to me.
“I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight:  I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: and I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.  But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.  I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain:  I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.  Surely, shall one say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength.  And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.  Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.  As for our redeemer, the Lord of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel.  Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.  Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.  And thou shalt know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.  And all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.  Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver?  For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.  Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light?  Let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.”  - taken from Isaiah 45-50
~Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment