Sunday, November 11, 2012

I will uphold you with My righteous right hand!



"So do not fear--for I am with you; do not be dismayed--for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand!" Isaiah 41:10

What a precious promise this is for all God's feeble children, who are daily fearing that they shall fall or be crushed under the weight of their troubles and trials!

O believer, what comfort is here! This promise is confirmed to you in Jesus, by His death. Yes, it is yours--as much so as if it was spoken to you directly by the mouth of God!

Oh, what a mercy! God says that He will uphold you. He will put strength into you; He will enable you to bear your afflictions and will bring you safely through all your troubles.

Satan may say, "I will trip you up."
God says, "I will uphold you!"

Unbelief may say, "You will one day fall and perish."
God says, "I will uphold you!"

Your flesh may cry out, "I can never bear up under this cross."
God says, "I will uphold you!"

Your feeble heart may say, "How can I endure such privations, such bereavements, such buffetings of Satan, such temptations, such losses, such fiery trials?"
God says, "I will uphold you!"

The Bible testifies that all believers "go from strength to strength, until each appears before God in Zion" Psalm 84:7

In weakness--the Lord strengthens them;
in poverty--the Lord supplies their needs;
in sickness--the Lord sustains them; and
in death--the Lord gives them the final victory!

O Father, I am weak--but You are strong. Give me of Your strength so that I may serve You and walk with You all the days of my life on this earth.

"If the Lord delights in a man's way--He makes his steps firm; though he stumbles, he will not fall--for the Lord upholds him with His hand!" Psalm 37:23-24

 (James Smith, "Comfort for Christians!")

No comments:

Post a Comment