Monday, November 19, 2012

A Challenge and Encouragement - New Every Morning



Just as the sun rise is new every morning, so is the Lord’s faithfulness, love, forgiveness, and strength!

This morning, after waking to a breathtaking sunrise, the Lord really challenged me in some areas.

Using my time in a truly profitable way is often a challenge for me, and wasting that precious time often results in a lack spiritually.  This doesn’t just effect me; it effects all those around me!

I would like to share briefly with you the things that the Lord showed me this morning through His Word, in hopes that it will be a benefit and encouragement to you as well as it was to me.

“I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.   For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you.”   –Philemon 1:4-7

Philemon’s love and faith brought about much joy and comfort to Paul, and was a refreshment to the saints.  Take note that Philemon was sharing his faith!  When we are about worthy spiritual pursuits, we will incur the prayers and support of the body of Christ.

“Yes, brother, I want some benefit from you in the Lord. Refresh my heart in Christ.”   –Philemon 1:20

We should be of benefit and refreshment to the body of Christ.  This only happens when our focus is right.

“Confident of your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I say.”   –Philemon 1:21

Can the same be said of me?  Will I truly obey the voice of the Lord, or do I just slide back into the easy path?  Will I walk in faith and love and zeal for my Lord and for those He has placed around me?

This following quote by Charles Spurgeon, which I also read this morning, fit so well with everything else the Lord showed me.

“If we observe the apostle’s precept (Titus 3:8) to be careful to maintain good works, we shall find ourselves far too much occupied with profitable business to take much interest in unworthy, contentious, and needless strivings.”
-Charles Spurgeon’s Morning Meditation, November 19th

We each know the areas in which we fail, and those things that distract us from serving our Lord as we ought.  But there is no room for defeat.  His mercy is always there, and with it He provides new strength.  May we each press on to walk steadfastly in the calling that we have received from the Lord!

~Post shared by Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment