Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jonathan Edwards's 70 Resolutions

As we are beginning a new year, some of us are probably setting new goals and resolutions.  Tonight we found a link to Jonathan Edwards's 70 resolutions.  I read the first several and got an idea:-)  I thought I would post one of his resolutions a day, so that we can all read them in bite size pieces, for encouragement toward our spiritual growth.


 "Being sensible that I am unable to do any thing without God’s help, I do humbly entreat him, by his grace, to enable me to keep these  Resolutions, so far as they are agreeable to his will, for Christ’s sake."

Resolution 1:
"Resolved, That I will do whatsoever I think to be most to the glory of God, and my own good, profit, and pleasure, in the whole of my duration; without any consideration of the time, whether now, or never so many myriads of ages hence. Resolved, to do whatever I think to be my duty, and most for the good and advantage of mankind in general. Resolved, so to do, whatever difficulties I meet with, how many soever, and how great soever."  -Jonathan Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment