Sunday, January 8, 2012

Delighting in God

Delighting in worldly things--effectually prevents our delighting in God.  Therefore it is often the case, that the Lord strips us of these things, or incapacitates us to enjoy them--in order to bring us back to delight in Himself.

He who delights in God has the desire of His heart--because they are in accordance with the purpose, promise, and pleasure of God.

Delighting in God always produces resignation and holy contentment.  Whatever they have--they enjoy it as the undeserved gift of God; and they feel obligated and thankful for all.  They would rathe rbe conformed to God's will--than have their own will.  They know that His appointments are best--because they are infinitely wise, holy, and gracious.  They can say, "I trust in You, O Lord, for You are my God!  My times are in Your hand!"

O Lord! I would delight in Thee,
And on Your care depend;
To You in every trouble flee,
My best, my only Friend!

No good in creatures can be found,
But may be found in Thee;
I must have all things and abound,
While God is God to Me!

These quotes were taken from a devotional  by James Smith, put out by Grace Gems.  You can receive their daily devotionals by going to their site and subscribing for them.  We have greatly appreciated these!

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. D sends many a Grace Gems to me for my encouragement!

    ReplyDelete