Monday, December 9, 2013

It was a pleasant day in south Georgia today.  The high was 81 and the low is only suppose to be 64.  That is really different for us north Ohio folks. :-)  The "winter" down here is definitely pleasant. We are however, very much looking forward to going back up north to see some snow too. :-)

We've been busy with many different projects, but I'll save the details until we can post some pictures to make it more interesting. :-)

One thing I did want to share though is a picture that I took this afternoon...
It's not as close as I would have liked to get, but I could not resist grabbing the camera when I was out at the clothes line today.  The first time I saw these cows was just the other day.  Evening was coming on and I was walking back toward the house when I looked over and saw this large herd of cows coming around the corner of a field that we can see from our back yard.  Truly, it was one of the most beautiful, refreshing sights to me!  Our family was so use to living in our very rural, quiet area.  There wasn't much traffic, and in the evenings you could hear the quiet clip-clop of horses coming down the road from a mile away.  Now we live on a busy highway. :-)  The Lord was so gracious in giving us a beautiful view from our back yard though.  It is very peaceful.  You can watch the sun rise from the kitchen and dining room windows over a beautiful country field, which was filled with cotton this year.  When you're out back, the beauty somehow seems to block out the noise from the front yard.  We haven't seen a lot of animals out on pasture down here yet, so when I saw these cows the other day it gave me a serge of joy and peacefulness and I have been enjoying them ever since.  Maybe that sounds simple, but it was very significant to me.  Nature is such a beautiful thing; landscape and creatures alike.  The Lord's handiwork is truly amazing!


“He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength…Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.”  – Job 9:4a,10
 “Marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”  – Psalm 139:14b
~Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment