Friday, March 1, 2013

Perfect peace



Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength…LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.
(Isaiah 26:3-4, 12)

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
(John 14:27)

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
(John 16:33)


The Lord has greatly been blessing and challenging our family of late with Isaiah 26:3.  Last night when I looked it up to read it before bed, I read some context around verse three and then was flipping through part of John as well.  It is so amazing to truly meditate on this concept of perfect peace which God ordained for us and has given us in Christ Jesus, if we will only keep our minds stayed on Him and trust in Him! The above song is by John Waller called Perfect Peace.  It is taken from the Isaiah 26:3 passage. Very beautiful...it's been played a lot around here of late.  :-)

~Breanna

No comments:

Post a Comment