Thursday, December 29, 2011

Grace




Grace! 'tis a charming sound,
Harmonious to the ear!
Heaven with the echo shall resound,
And all the earth shall hear.

Grace first contrived the way
To save rebellious man;
And all the steps that grace display,
Which drew the wondrous plan.

Grace first inscribed my name,
In God's eternal book;
'Twas grace that gave me to the Lamb,
Who all my sorrows took.

Grace led my roving feet
To tread the Heavenly road;
And new supplies, each hour, I meet
While pressing on to God.

Grace taught my soul to pray,
And made my eyes o'erflow;
'Twas grace which kept me to this day,
And will not let me go!

Grace all the work shall crown,
Through everlasting days;
It lays in Heaven the topmost stone,
And well deserves the praise!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. Your use of the hymn "Grace, 'Tis a Charming Sound" caught my eye because I posted an article on it this morning. The hymn is more than 250 years old, but its theme is timeless.

    I also gave a listen to Jacquelyn's testimony. She gives a very clear presentation of the gospel, beginning where we need to, with the bad news (about sin), before she moves on to the good news (salvation by grace alone). Too many preachers today, wanting to stay "positive," try to talk about salvation without mentioning the reason we need saving!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete