Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cold Home Remedies: Kick a cold BEFORE it takes hold!

This information was taken from
Please visit their site!  It is well worth visiting for practical, easy and very educational advice!
They have lots of free educational goodies!

"EIGHT SIMPLE SECRETS to TREATING A COLD NATURALLY"

  • Are you looking to manage your cold or flu naturally?
  • Do you want to know how to kick a cold before it takes hold?
  • Did you know that most of what you need for a natural cold remedy could already be in your kitchen?
Click here to read about why we get colds. This will take only a minute, and help you understand the "Eight Simple Secrets" a lot better. However, for those of you in a hurry…

I know when a cold is coming on before it takes hold. It sends a signal to my throat. When my throat feels the slightest bit tingly, tight or soar, I know to take action. Another symptom I experience is feeling tired or exhausted. What do I do?



This free video eBook has a video lesson on making our very favorite tea when we have a cold! Also, a video demonstration of our stuffy nose remedy!







  1. Rest! Most of the time, if I take the day off, my cold gets kicked. When I feel it coming, I basically go to sleep in addition to the rest of the steps below. When I do all these steps right away, over 90% of the time, I don’t get the cold. I know you might be thinking, “Well, I’m busy. I can’t just stop and rest!” Well, if you don’t, you’ll most likely get the cold and have to take off even more days.

    For cold and flu prevention, make sure you manage your stress and laugh a lot! Stress impairs white blood cell function. Laughter enchances immune function.

  2. Eat Well You don’t feel like eating when you have a cold? Neither do I. But what I do eat is organic chicken broth with miso. Click here to read about my simple, natural cold cure soup recipe.

    If you are practicing cold prevention (in other words, you want to eat healthy to stay healthy), then make sure you eat a diet consisiting of whole foods, such as grains, vegetables, meat, and fruits. It's best if your food sources are local and organic. Avoid processed foods and food with artificial ingredients.

  3. Garlic Yes. Garlic. Click here to read more about garlic and how I use it as an essential part of my natural cold and flu cure.

  4. My “Special-Tea.”  And this tea is my specialty. Most likely, you have the ingredients in your kitchen. Click here for the free recipe. I drink this when I have the flu as well.

  5. Echinacea. I know you have all heard of this herb. Did you know it's a great remedy for strep throat? Despite the recent governement study, does it really work? Click here to find out and learn how to us it as well as HOW NOT to use it.

  6. I bundle up. I’ll wear a turtle neck shirt to keep my neck covered, and put on my favorite sweats. Often I’ll put on a ski cap as well to keep my body heat in. This is especially important if you have the flu.

  7. Stay off drugs, sugar, and dairy! What? I DO NOT mean any medications your doctor has you on. Stay ON those. Stay off over the counter cold remedies, as well as other legal (and illegal) drugs, such as caffeine and nicotine. Smoking and coffee are well known to severely impair your immune system.

    Also, cut out sugar and other processed foods as much as you possibly can. And finally, cut out dairy on all levels. Milk, cheese and other dairy products are mucous enhancing and stuff you up even more.

  8. If my I get a stuffy nose, I no doubt make my simple stuffy nose remedy. You probably have this ingredient in your cupboard already. Click here to learn about my favorite stuffy nose cure.
That’s it! Basically, I get lots of rest, eat my broth and drink my tea. There are other things I do as well, such as use some of my favorite herbs for coughs, aches or fevers, but I wanted to show you how simple it is to treat a cold naturally with things you probably already have in your kitchen.
Using my "Eight Secrets" to shake a cold before it takes hold or manage it while you have a cold will do three things…
  1. Give you the rest you so desperately need to heal.
  2. Increase your immune system’s ability to function. Amping up your immune system will get rid of the virus a lot faster than if you take the route of suppressing it with over the counter cold medications.
  3. NOURISH YOU! You’re body always needs nourishment. That can prevent illness. However, when you’re already ill, you might as well greatly increase the nourishment.

    Remember, nourishment does not JUST mean eat well. It also means cutting out harmful substances like coffee and doing things just for you… like rest, take walks, work on something you enjoy, or read.

No comments:

Post a Comment