Friday, May 27, 2016

Rejoice in the LORD!

A beautiful, precious song shared with me by a 'big sister' in the Lord.  God has a perfect plan.  If we just trust and rest in Him He will bring us His perfect peace and we will be able to rejoice abundantly as we see His plans unfold and the fruit that He brings in our lives!


"Rejoice in the LORD"
by Ron Hamilton

God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant and molding a man.
Give thanks to the LORD though your testing seems long;
In darkness He giveth a song.

I could not see through the shadows ahead;
So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day;
Then peace came and tears fled away.

Now I can see testing comes from above;
God strengthens His children and purges in love.
My Father knows best, and I trust in His care;
Through purging more fruit I will bear.

O Rejoice in the LORD
He makes no mistake,
He knoweth the end of each path that I take,
For when I am tried
And purified,
I shall come forth as gold.

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, rejoice."
~ Philippians 4:4 ~

"But He knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me,
I shall come forth as gold."
~ Job 23:10 ~

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
~ Proverbs 3:5-6 ~

"O taste and see that the LORD is good:
blessed is the man that trusteth in Him."
~ Psalm 34:8 ~

"Being confident of this very thing,
that He which hath begun a good work in you
will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."
~ Philippians 1:6 ~

May the Lord help us each to trust and rejoice in Him as He directs each little step along our way.  He is doing His perfect work!

~Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment